Joik Mini Series: Coral Pink Silky Lipgloss
I have been using this lip balm for a couple of months now and am really enjoying it. The texture is so smooth and the formula is super moisturizing. I like using it during the daytime because it gives your lips a nice “your lips but better” #ylbb tint. My two favorite aspects of this product: it is 100% natural and it has an expiration date! Okay, so maybe the expiration date thing sounds a little bit crazy but I really appreciate this because makeup and beauty products have a shelf-life but they are not typically labeled on products (unless an SPF is present). Check out the lip balm and let me know if you like it as much as I do! Christmas is 41 days away, I’m thinking that this would make a great stocking stuffer!
Tip: Stick a Joik organic lip balm in every coat pocket and bag that you plan to use during the cold weather to keep chapped lips at bay! You can also rub some on your cheeks in a pinch to keep them from getting dry too!
(Pictured: Joik Coral Pink Silky Lipgloss, $4.95)
October 26th, 2013Uncategorized
This nail polish is getting a lot of hype right now. Obviously, I had to see what it was all about (I was a little skeptical) so I popped over to my local Sephora (inside JCP) and picked up 2 bottles. I purchased a cool toned red called “Fahrenheit” and a metallic silver called “Connectivity.” I tried the red first. It looked awesome and I got a lot of compliments on it. One of my friends asked if I got a gel manicure. (Yay!) I wore it for two days, and noticed that it held up really well. I couldn’t wait to try the silver color so I decided to give that go too. I noticed equally awesome results, the color went on evenly, was perfectly opaque with 2 coats, and dried in a snap. Again, I got a compliment from an employee at MAC. She thought it was a gel manicure too! Crazy! I am on day #3 of “Connectivity” and loving it.
I am really enjoying Formula X right now, even if it does feel like I am cheating on Butter London, Essie and OPI. You can check out all of the colors here. :)
This. Stuff. Rocks.
I’ve been using the Josie Maran Argan Oil for a year. It is amazing! This is how I use it: as a moisturizer (am & pm), on my cuticles, on my elbows & knees, on the tips of my hair. The most exciting thing about this product is how my pores and skin look after long-term usage. I’ve noticed less breakouts and blackheads, smaller pores, and less acne scarring (yay!).
I use the oil on the ends of my hair after showering, before blow drying and pre-surf spray when I want beach-y, tousled hair. I’ve also used the argan oil to tame fly-a-ways on humid, rainy and typically “bad” hair days.
My cuticles feel better and look better overall. I have less discomfort (especially in the winter months when cold weather wreaks havoc on my hands) and that my manicures last longer.
I prefer the Josie Maran Argan oil because it is formultaed without: parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs or Triclosan.
I am on my 3rd bottle of the Josie Maran Argan Oil. It costs $48 for a 1.7 oz bottle and is worth every cent! Keep in mind, I have been saving money on moisturizers and hair products because the argan oil is an amazing multi-purpose product.
August 23rd, 2013Uncategorized
1. Grab your materials:
Piece of tape
2. Flatten toothpick
3. Shake up your polish and paint your basecoat on
4. Paint your ring fingers with the neutral polish
5. Paint the rest of your nails black (or whatever color you select)
6. Dab glitter and black nail polish on the tape
7. Use the toothpick to dab glitterly spots on the ring fingers
8. Outline the glittery with the toothpick
9. Do a second coat of black polish on the rest of your nails
10. Paint the your nails with the top coat
You’re good to go! :]
April 18th, 2013Uncategorized
I jumped on the BB cream bandwagon last year and then I got right off of it. The BB cream experience was mediocre and over-hyped. I ended up giving most of them away or tossing them out. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream lured me in at Sephora on a recent trip, however, and changed things.
The Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream is a versatile product that really does multitask: with SPF 35, it offers protection from the sun, moisturizes, can be used as a primer, moisturizer and a foundation. The scent is nice (read: barely noticeable, just how I like it haha). I have been using it alone on my skin or as a primer.
This product is worth a try! I really like it and will be using it for the remainder of the Spring and definitely into the Summer. I have a couple fun posts in mind coming up so check back for those soon! :] Also, maybe a YT video or two. ;]
March 23rd, 2013Uncategorized
Spring is here! I’ve picked up some new polishes at Lux Beauty Story in Red Bank, NJ from Essie, Butter and OPI to celebrate the new season!
Essie (from left to right) Madison Ave-Hue, Hip-Anema, Mint Candy Apple, and Chinchilly
Madison Ave-Hue is the cutest Barbie pink. I love it! It is a great shade for manis and pedis. There is a hint of silver sparkle to it that really makes the pink pop.
Hip-Anema is a fabulous fusion of red and orange. This is my personal favorite!
Mint Candy Apple is a gorgeous creamy green. The opacity of this shade is awesome and it is a fun pick for Spring. Also, since Emerald is the color of the year for 2013, anything in the green family is in! Mint green jeans, shoes, nail polishes, shirts and more are dominating Pinterest!
Chinchilly is a classy gray shade with cool undertones. This color is beautiful year-round but rainy Spring skies make me crave this color.
Butter London (from left to right) Fiver, Snog, and Kerfuffle
Fiver is very similar to Essie’s Mint Candy Apple. I justified buying both because Fiver is slightly lighter and less intense. This shade reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream!
Snog is a classic hot pink. It is so fun and flirty. This is one of those shades that you can wear nonstop and never get tired of it.
Kerfuffle a sweet creamy coral. This is such a pretty pastel to rock this season.
Opi Eurso Euro (from the Europe Collection)
Eurso Euro is a dark navy shade. It’s an awesome shade because it looks good with just about any color that you might wear (even black!). I love this one!
March 23rd, 2013Uncategorized
Maybelline Color Shoe Lustrous Lime, Orange Extreme, Shock Wave, Coral Glow, and Orange Fix
These polishes were intriguing because of the price (less that $3.00 a bottle) and the shades. Also, I had never tried this brand of lacquer and I wanted to give it a go. The verdict: I really, really like the colors. The polishes are pigmented (but not as well as a higher end brand) but they definitely do the trick. In terms of wear, with 2 coats and a topcoat they lasted approximately 2 days without chipping (pretty standard).
I painted my nails with Essie’s Madison Ave Hue and did an accent nail on my pointers with Lustrous Lime and got a lot of compliments on it!
Most of these polishes will get a lot of love this summer. :]
January 27th, 2013Recipe
You will need: Mini doughnut pan (Get it here!)
1 Cup all purpose flour
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 Cup Half & Half (I used Land o’ Lakes)
Cinnamon & Sugar coating:
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 & spray your mini doughnut pan with a nonstick cooking spray
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl (I used an electric mixer)
3. Mix vanilla, egg, butter and half and half together in another bowl
4. Combine the two mixtures and stir/mix well (about 1 minute using electric mixer)
5. Put the dough into the pan using a tablespoon – put 1 Tbsp of batter into each cavity (be careful – less is more! Don’t overfill…)
6. Bake for 10 minutes
7. While your doughnuts are baking you will make the coating. Melt the extra butter in a bowl and blend the sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.
8. Remove the doughnuts from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
9. As you take the doughnuts out of the pan, quickly dip them in the butter (just enough to make the sugar stick – do not saturate the doughnuts) and then the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
10. Eat them. :]
*This recipe yields 24 mini doughnuts.
January 7th, 2013Recipe
This is for Chelse! x0x0
A Quick & Healthy Weekday Breakfast
1-2 Bell Peppers & 1 Onion, diced, and sautéed (about 2 cups)
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Crack the eggs, add 3 Tbsp. of water and scramble
3. Spray muffin pan with Pam
4. Cover the bottom of the muffin pan with the veggies
5. Put 1/3 cup egg mixture (if you’re using liquid eggs whites, just substitute 1/3 cup) in the muffin pan
6. Place pan in oven and cook for 20 minutes
7. Remove pan from oven and cool for 5 minutes
8. Turn pan over and drop eggs onto a piece of wax paper
9. When the eggs are completely cooled, package in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator (for up to 5 days)
10. To eat them, microwave for 30-35 seconds (for 2)
- Eat in alone
- Eat it on a Thomas’ English Muffin :]
- Add some hot sauce…
Let me know how they turn out if you make them! :]
Happy New Year! Make 2013 the best year yet for your skin! It is your largest organ after all and it is always on display. Here are some suggestions for things you can do to make sure you are looking fab 24/7 365 days a year:
- Wash your makeup brushes!
You don’t need a brush cleaner – dish soap and olive oil work just fine! This is a bit annoying but needs to be done. :]
- Use organic products as often as possible (You know I love the Cosmetic Database - check out the rating of products before you buy and use them!)
- Touch your face less. Germs, bacteria, and oil on your hands transfer onto your face when you touch it! Gross…
- Exfoliate and use lotion. Out with the old and in with the new… haha :)
- Drink water! Admittedly, this is something that I literally forget to do in the Winter. Eating hydrating foods helps too!
- Take your vitamins. I’ve been slacking a bit here too, especially on the fish oil, but will be more diligent in 2013.
- Try to move a bit everyday (even if that means running up and down the stairs for 5 minutes). Exercise leads to better circulation and complexion.
- Use sunscreen (as often as possible and especially in the Summer) and eat foods that naturally boost your SPF like tomatoes, watermelon, berries, spinach, fish, tea (green and black), and dark chocolate.
I’m not a doctor… but you might be so if you have more ideas for resolutions in 2013 please leave them in the comments below! :]
- Wash your makeup brushes!