Happy New Year! Make 2013 the best year yet for your skin! It is your largest organ after all and it is always on display. Here are some suggestions for things you can do to make sure you are looking fab 24/7 365 days a year:
- Wash your makeup brushes!
You don’t need a brush cleaner – dish soap and olive oil work just fine! This is a bit annoying but needs to be done. :]
- Use organic products as often as possible (You know I love the Cosmetic Database - check out the rating of products before you buy and use them!)
- Touch your face less. Germs, bacteria, and oil on your hands transfer onto your face when you touch it! Gross…
- Exfoliate and use lotion. Out with the old and in with the new… haha :)
- Drink water! Admittedly, this is something that I literally forget to do in the Winter. Eating hydrating foods helps too!
- Take your vitamins. I’ve been slacking a bit here too, especially on the fish oil, but will be more diligent in 2013.
- Try to move a bit everyday (even if that means running up and down the stairs for 5 minutes). Exercise leads to better circulation and complexion.
- Use sunscreen (as often as possible and especially in the Summer) and eat foods that naturally boost your SPF like tomatoes, watermelon, berries, spinach, fish, tea (green and black), and dark chocolate.
I’m not a doctor… but you might be so if you have more ideas for resolutions in 2013 please leave them in the comments below! :]