January 27th, 2013Recipe
You will need: Mini doughnut pan (Get it here!)
1 Cup all purpose flour
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 Cup Half & Half (I used Land o’ Lakes)
Cinnamon & Sugar coating:
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 & spray your mini doughnut pan with a nonstick cooking spray
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl (I used an electric mixer)
3. Mix vanilla, egg, butter and half and half together in another bowl
4. Combine the two mixtures and stir/mix well (about 1 minute using electric mixer)
5. Put the dough into the pan using a tablespoon – put 1 Tbsp of batter into each cavity (be careful – less is more! Don’t overfill…)
6. Bake for 10 minutes
7. While your doughnuts are baking you will make the coating. Melt the extra butter in a bowl and blend the sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.
8. Remove the doughnuts from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
9. As you take the doughnuts out of the pan, quickly dip them in the butter (just enough to make the sugar stick – do not saturate the doughnuts) and then the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
10. Eat them. :]
*This recipe yields 24 mini doughnuts.
January 7th, 2013Recipe
This is for Chelse! x0x0
A Quick & Healthy Weekday Breakfast
1-2 Bell Peppers & 1 Onion, diced, and sautéed (about 2 cups)
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Crack the eggs, add 3 Tbsp. of water and scramble
3. Spray muffin pan with Pam
4. Cover the bottom of the muffin pan with the veggies
5. Put 1/3 cup egg mixture (if you’re using liquid eggs whites, just substitute 1/3 cup) in the muffin pan
6. Place pan in oven and cook for 20 minutes
7. Remove pan from oven and cool for 5 minutes
8. Turn pan over and drop eggs onto a piece of wax paper
9. When the eggs are completely cooled, package in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator (for up to 5 days)
10. To eat them, microwave for 30-35 seconds (for 2)
- Eat in alone
- Eat it on a Thomas’ English Muffin :]
- Add some hot sauce…
Let me know how they turn out if you make them! :]
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup oil (or 1/2 cup applesauce)
1/2 cup sugar (or 1/4 cup splenda)
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
2. In another bowl, beat the egg, add milk, vanilla and oil/applesauce. Add to flour mixture. Stir until it looks lumpy.
3. Fold in blueberries.
4. Spoon into baking cups in a mini muffing pan using a tablespoon.
5. Bake in oven (for approx.10-12 minutes) until the tops are golden brown and the center is cooked through (check with a toothpick/fork.)
If you use the Splenda and applesauce as substitutes for sugar and oil, each mini muffin is approximately 35 calories.
Hope you enjoy this,