Everything about this palette makes me happy. The packaging aesthetically pleasing and functional, the products within are awesome, and it is portable. Urban Decay palette are fabulous! I received this as a gift and loved it! [Rating: 4.5/5]
The NYC theme of the package is trendy, bright & cute. It also feels like it is made well so it should hold up for a long time.
The top opens up to display a pop-up NYC scene, with the Brooklyn Bridge, a yellow taxi, the Empire State Building, etc. In the back of the scene is a great mirror. Lights are scattered about to display the awesome image.
Inside the palette, there are 16 Urban Decay eyeshadows. As you know from a previous post (http://organicmakeupgirl.com/review-urban-decay-stardust-eyeshadow/) I love Urban Decay eye products. This palette contains Perversion, Uzi, Loaded, Kush, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Last Call, Rockstar, Money, Haight, Maui Wowie (personal favorite), Smog, Bordello, Radium, Snatch, Suspect, and Psychedelic Sister. In addition, there are two 24/7 Glide On eye pencils and one mini primer tube of Primer Potion (*This is the one downside – I wish it had a full-size tube of primer potion because there is definitely not enough of it in a mini tube for this palette!).
I LOVE this palette! It is limited edition and at $54.00 a great buy! You definitely get what you pay for: great colors, awesome quality makeup & cute packaging.
I LOVE this eyeshadow! At $20.00 a piece it seems expensive but it is so incredibly worth it!
Initially, I encountered the Stardust eyeshadow when I received a sample with a Sephora.com purchase. I really liked the way it looked alone on my eyelid. The sample included two colors – Retrograde and Space Cowboy. Although I liked both of the eyeshadows, I selected Retrograde to purchase because it is a gorgeous shade of purple with an intense iridescent sparkle.
There are so many great features about this product:
- Super sparkly! Your glitterly lids will not go unnoticed!
- Very little fallout -the sparkle adheres effectively to the eyelid which is such a great aspect of the eyeshadow
- Nicely packaged! It is classy, edgy and fun to pop open.
- The color lasts without creasing – to keep it on extra long apply Urban Decay Primer Potion prior to your application of the eyeshadow (Urban Decay Primer Potion is a cult classic + favorite, and yet another fabulous eye product from Urban Decay!)
- It is moderately accessible – Sephora, Urbandecay.com, Ulta, etc.
- The Eyeshadow comes in a nice range of colors – all contain iridescent sparkle
- It is wearable! Perfect for nighttime, the weekend but can also be worn for work
- A little bit of eyeshadow provides a lot of color & sparkle so it is definitely worth investing in! :)
I have been enjoying applying Stardust Eyeshadow in Retrograde on top of my Maybelline Eye Studio Color Gleam Cream Eyeshadow in Pedal to the Metal (the silver metallic color works best). Here are some ideas for wearing Retrograde Stardust Eyeshadow:
- Apply it alone on the eyelids for a subtle wash of color and a great glittery effect
- Apply it on top of Primer Potion or cream eyeshadow – this will help to make the color pop & make your eyeshadow last longer
- Use it to create a purple smokey eye
- Do a neutral look on the lid and use Retrograde to line your eyes
- Wet your brush before you apply it all over your lids to create a sexy sense of drama (*personal favorite*)
I adored the Retrograde Stardust Eyeshadow so much that I had to purchase another color – I bought Diamond Dog last week. So far, I am loving that as well! I would definitely give the other shades a try as well!